Mui's Look : Halloween Make Up - Barong Inspired Makeup

11:47:00 PM

Dear Lovelies...

Hiya all!
Since it's been a rave among beauty bloggers out there (including Indonesia Beauty Bloggers) creating Halloween inspired makeup. So I would love to dare myself to create a look that perhaps can inspire you to celebrate halloween, though I do not celebrate halloween here :)

Talking about halloween make up , what comes into your mind? Ghost? Skeleton? yes.. you can create something creepy on your face only in Halloween hehe... I never did Halloween make up before, because I am lil bit afraid with what my face will looks like and uhm, I do not like creepy stuffs!

Then this idea ran through my mind, can I do barong inspired make up for halloween? Do you know Barong? Let me introduce you to the well-known Barong from Bali, Indonesia. (hey, Bali is in Indonesia. Some people overseas don't know where Bali is, and keep asking "is Indonesia near Bali?").




Barong is a lion-like creature and character in the mythology of BaliIndonesia. He is the king of the spirits, leader of the hosts of good, and enemy ofRangda, the demon queen and mother of all spirit guarders in the mythological traditions of Bali. The battle between Barong and Rangda is featured in Barong dance to represent the eternal battle between good and evil.[1]
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barong_(mythology)

To be honest, I'm a lil bit afraid, is it OK to create Barong look? You know, every little thing about Bali mythology is very mystical, and I did have mystical experience during my vacation in Bali long time ago when I was a kid.  I pray first you know before did the make up huiks... hehe....

I used crayon for face painting like the picture below :


I do not have face and body paint, and I only found this when I went to TGA Bookstore. It's cheap only around Rp 45,000 hehehe...
So I thought, it would be OK if I will only use this to play around with face painting.
But since it's in crayon form, it is a lil bit difficult to blend, maybe next time I will try to melt it first hehehe I don't know whether it will work or not . So sorry if my face painting is not too neat.
This is my look when was trying to create the look :

(coret coret dulu, rapiin belakangan)
After 1 hour struggling to create the look on my face, here it is the final look,  photographed by my hubby.  (errr... ceritain dikit, bocil nontonin nih waktu bikin ini, pertama-tama dia ketawa2 sumringah, lama2 bengong, sampe akhirnya nangis dan harus dimasukkan ke kamar sama omanya errh).



He tried new method on taking pictures on me . Not edited, effects already come with that method.


Enough ya for the creepy face, this barong also wanted to get the ulljang pose hahaha :D
 


Hope this will inspire you for Halloween. And let me know your comments :)
Happy Halloween!


XX

Hey... could you please follow my FB Page here
Twitter account here
My IG @Mrs_Mui

Let's be friend!





You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. Keren dan sukses bikin takut kak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha tenkyu astriii.... mudah2an ga mimpii buruk gara2 aku yaaaa

      Delete
  2. keren mom, baby sampe nangis karena takjub :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha tenkyu nita... iya, sampe diumpetin bener2 ga bole keluar kamar

      Delete
  3. Kerennnn abissssss. Top markotop dehhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha luciiii makasiiiii.... masih banyak kekurangan iniiih...

      Delete
  4. keren banget cee... sampe bengong liatnyaaa <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. tenkyuuuuh .. hayo beneran buat yaaa. aku tunggu lho nanti kabarin akuuuh

      Delete
  6. ceceeee.... mantabb abiesssss!! keren <3<3 Rapih..
    gak keliatan cc samsek.. hahaha. ketemu dijalan gak kenal tuh.. keren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha tenkyuuu elleeen.... masih banyak kekurangannya len T_T berasa belum rapi banget...hoho kalo kluar begini nti ga ada yang mau liat akuh hahahaha :D

      Delete
  7. kok topeng nya ga dibuka sih mbakk ~~~??
    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kamu nyanyi dulu donk rifkaaa.... " buka dulu topengmuuuuu... buka dulu tooooo pengmuuuuuu "

      Delete
  8. ciii kerennnnnn.. *jempol kaki dan tangan smuanya ngacung* haha dan aku cinta ini indonesia sekaliiii <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. keliatan kyk pake topeng, pdhl aslinya kece badai banget adonannya..hwaaaa
    mak dirimu kreatipppp..loveee it!! :*

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooowww... bagus bangettt.. =)
    kayak pake topeng barong bnran...

    ReplyDelete
  11. ce ini keren banget lho, gatau harus ngetik apa lagi sangking takjubnya *serius*

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! keren pake banget XD speechless liatnya XD
    anyway follow back blog aku ya ce http://itsalwayshalloween.blogspot.com :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tenkyu cynnnn... eh kok aku ga bisa ke blogmu ya???

      Delete
  13. wow!! perfect for halloween!!!
    really scary....
    check out my blog mayb please?
    charrmyn.blogspot.com
    xx Charmaineeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  14. gila keren banget banget bangettttttttt ce astaga naga yaaaaaaamploooppppp... :O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that so cute! Creepy but that prettiness is there. Great Halloween makeup you got there. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Winner of PAC MAKEUP BLOG Competition 2013

Winner of PAC MAKEUP BLOG Competition 2013

Featured as IBB Blogger of The Month - MAY 2013

IBB November 2013 Makeup Challenge Winner

Subscribe